About Behr Administrative Support Solutions
Do you need a resourceful, independent, experienced business owner to help you handle those parts of your business or practice that are peripheral or supportive to your core expertise and passion?
I am an award-winning Certified Administrative Professional with specialty certifications in Organizational Management and Technical Applications, as well as more than 25 years of experience in office management, document and presentation formatting, research, support task management, staff supervision and mentorship, and technical sales and customer service.
Credentials and Awards
- Microsoft Office Specialist certification in Word (MOS)
- Certified Administrative Professional (CAP-OM-TA) with Organizational Management and Technical Applications specialties
- Advanced Communicator-Silver, Toastmasters International
- Certified Author’s and Speaker’s Assistant (PVAA, PVSA)
- OfficeTeam Administrative Excellence Award winner, 2010 (international award)
- Adecco Mentor Award, national finalist, 2009, Adecco Staffing (national award)
- Toastmaster of the Year, 2006; Karl Lind Award for Club Service, 2014, SRI Organon Toastmaster Club
- International Association of Administrative Professionals (IAAP)
- International Virtual Assistants Association (IVAA)
- National Association of Women Business Owners (NAWBO)
- Carson Valley Chamber of Commerce
- Toastmasters International
- Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook)
- Adobe Acrobat (document conversion, Section 508 compliance, desktop publishing)
- WordPress (soon)
A real Silicon Valley success story
- I built a secretarial service from a solo-preneur typing service in my garage to a high tech, 10-employee, administrative support/transcription firm. Then sold it to an international transcription company.
- Next, I provided professional office management and documentation support to 28 professionals and managers in a world-class research environment for 8 years.
- Now I’m back to my strong suit, providing freelance office administration and document production services, often in collaboration with other exceptional freelance specialists, to high tech, research, and business professionals.
Current Work-in-Progress – ITestRecipes.com
Have you wondered what it would take to build and manage a blog/website to monetize your expertise? There are so many moving parts from website design to blog post writing to blog photography to email marketing (and how it relates to your blogs) to connecting to and repurposing for Pinterest, Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram. In order to provide myself a “sandbox” or place to try out new ideas and new online venues, I started a blog/website on an avocation: cooking and baking for busy people. It is called “I Test Recipes.” The URL is www.itestrecipes.com . If you have questions about starting up your own blog/website, let me know. We can try out trendy and/or reliable Internet marketing avenues.
Associates and Specialists
Sometimes the job takes a specialist. Behr Administrative Support Solutions works with other highly skilled independent professionals for those projects and tasks that need specialized expertise.